On this 2-day lodge safari you will see flamingos, elephants and huge troops of baboons in Lake Manyara National Park and a collapsed volcano filled with wild animals in the Ngorongoro Conservation Area.
Moshi/Arusha – Lake Manyara National Park – Karatu
After a short briefing in the morning, you will travel westwards to the small Lake Manyara National Park. The park with its shallow alkaline lake is known for its over 400 bird species, primate-filled forests (look out for the long-tailed Guenon monkeys) and grassy plains. A large area of the park is covered by the alkaline Lake Manyara which is home to colonies of flamingos and other water birds. Apart from elephants, you might also spot giraffes, hippos, wildebeests and impalas while the forests near the lake are teeming with noisy groups of monkeys and baboons. From the pop-up roof of the safari vehicle you will be able to absorb the sights and sounds of nature. In the late afternoon you will leave the Lake Manyara National Park and head to Karatu
Karatu – Ngorongoro Crater – Arusha
After breakfast, your safari continues to the Ngorongoro Crater, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. This is the world’s largest caldera, a feature formed by the collapse of land after a volcanic eruption. It is approximately 18 km in diameter and home to about 25,000 mammals. In this relatively small area you can find almost all the mammals of East Africa ranging from Grant’s and Thomson’s gazelles to mountain reedbucks in the forests on the slopes. You might also see spotted hyenas, rare wild dogs and some of the more than 500 bird species of the area. It is also possible to spot the Big Five – lion, elephant, buffalo, rhino and leopard – in the few hours spent in the crater. After lunch at a picnic spot, there will be more time to continue your game drive before you leave the crater and return to Arusha by the early evening.
- Lake Manyara National Park – Game drive
- African Rift Valley – Viewpoint
- Ngorongoro Crater – Game drive
- Transfers in both directions between the International Airport and Arusha
- One night Hotel accommodation in Arusha town on the day of arrival.
- Extended 4 x 4 luxury safari jeep with pop up roof for game viewing full air condition.
- Professional safari English Speaking guide
- Entrance fees for the national parks.
- Accommodation at mid range lodge and camps during the safari at full board
- Camping fees at all national park.
- 18% VAT to our entrance fees.
- Government taxes, VAT and service charges relating to accommodation and included meals.
- Tanzania Visa
- Personal Expenses (e.g. laundry, telephone, beverages, etc.)
- Optional Tours (balloon rides USD. 690 per person), should be booked in advance
- Tips and gratuities to your safari guide.