5 Days 4 Nights Safari – Udzungwa, Ifakara & Mikumi Parks
Dar-es-salaam/Udzungwa Mountains National Park
Transfer from Dar to Udzungwa Mountains National Park, with lunch in Mikumi Town en-route. Hike to St. Bernad Waterfalls, the hike is short (1/2hrs) but quite steep in places. Explore the forests and waterfalls, and visit site of the African Violets. Dinner and overnight will be at the hotel.
Udzungwa hiking/Ifakara town
Morning after breakfast, hike to Sanje waterfalls 4-5 hours an amazing sight from the natural viewing platform above the waterfalls. Descend back to the vehicle then transfer to Ifakara town for dinner and overnight at the hotel.
Ifakara (Kilombero Valley)
In the mornings, the fishermen bring in their catch, and the banks of the river in front of the village come alive with activity as the fish are sorted. You will have the chance to observe and even choose your own fish for lunch! There will be a village tour, and in the afternoon a dug-out canoe safari on the great Kilombero River. No trip to Kilombero is complete without a visit to a local village bar.
Ifakara/Mikumi National Park
Morning after breakfast, drive to Mikumi National Park Sunset game viewing in the park, animals commonly found Include lion, eland, hartebeest, buffalo, wildebeest, giraffe, zebra and elephants. Wild dog can be seen in packs here. Dinner and overnight will be at hotel.
Mikumi National Park/Dar-es-salaam
Early morning after breakfast, game viewing drive in the park, Mikumi’s vegetation includes woodland, swamp and grassland with two water holes, Mkata and Chamgore. Apart from the saddle-bill stork, hammerkop and malachite kingfisher, you will also find monitor lizard and a deadly python inhabiting the pools. In the afternoon drive back to Dar es Salaam, where you will arrive late evening and drop of at the hotel or airport.
- Dar-es-salaam/Udzungwa Mountains National Park
- Udzungwa hiking/Ifakara town
- Ifakara/Mikumi National Park
- Mikumi National Park/Dar-es-salaam
- Transfers in both directions between the International Airport and Arusha
- One night Hotel accommodation in Arusha town on the day of arrival.
- Extended 4 x 4 luxury safari jeep with pop up roof for game viewing full air condition.
- Professional safari English Speaking guide
- Entrance fees for the national parks.
- Accommodation at mid range lodge and camps during the safari at full board
- Camping fees at all national park.
- 18% VAT to our entrance fees.
- Government taxes, VAT and service charges relating to accommodation and included meals.
- Tanzania Visa
- Personal Expenses (e.g. laundry, telephone, beverages, etc.)
- Optional Tours (balloon rides USD. 690 per person), should be booked in advance
- Tips and gratuities to your safari guide.